Wednesday, November 10, 2010

A rather interesting Publix trip today

Lillian and I had a play date at the park today. My treat for the day was going to be a Publix sub, my absolute favorite meal. MMMM. We got our meals and went to check out. The cashier was very friendly as usual, handing out coloring books and talking to Lillian. I just love Publix. Come the time to pay I realized that I had no debit card. Crud. "Oh well," I said, "I will have to write you a check." So I did. The kicker, I didn't have my driver's license either! I didn't have the number. I had NO picture ID. UGH! The cashier paused my transaction and I went to customer service to see if they would take my check anyway. I pulled out receipts from other purchases, I even tried to log onto my computer at home! They called the manager up and when she realized it was only for $14 she said, "just put it through." Phew. I thanked her profusely. We would get to our play date after all (and not be starving!)

While the manager was there I asked her some questions and let her know that I was preparing to teach a class on couponing in our area. Here are some things that I learned from Nicole, Assistant Manager.

1. They WILL accept an "UP Reward," "ECB" or "RR." But, you can only use 1 of them in the transaction. You cannot use any other competitor $ off transaction coupons. For example, you cannot use a $5 off $50 purchase WD coupon AND a RR or Up or ECB. It's one or the other. You can still use a competitor ITEM coupon, ie; $1 off Kraft Cheese from WD.

2. If you are trying to use a competitor's coupon there MUST be a store in our area. Ie; you cannot use a Food Lion coupon, we do not have a Food Lion store. You cannot use a Whole Foods Outlet coupon, we don't have one of those either.

3. BE ETHICAL!! I cannot express this enough. The ONLY problem that they could POSSIBLY think of is the amount of people using coupons that are totally unethical. I was shocked. I am all about shopping and saving a ton of money, but I am going to do it honestly. She said that they have had several people try to use 3 $3 off coupons for 1 package of razor blades. Please follow the coupons correctly. The only thing that being unethical will lead to is the loss of our great deals. Keep it honest.

I hope this helps everyone!

Visit My BlogFrog Community!

No comments:

Post a Comment