Monday, February 7, 2011

Our Great Shopping Trip Saturday!

For once we had a pleasant shopping experience this weekend! We started out our journey at Lowes. My 13 year old decided he would brave the trip with us so he could pick up some new flowers and plants. The cashier at Lowes was so sweet! She was very kind and extra nice. What a relief!

Next we ventured to CVS. We were greater when we walked in the door with, "well if it isn't my 2 favorite shoppers!" I'm not quite sure how to take that lol! Both my mom and I did pretty well for a last minute trip. I racked up some more $2/case Cokes as well as O'lay body wash and face cream. All in all I spent $30 and took home nearly $60 in merchandise. Plus, I walked out with $5 in ECBs for next week! Remember, at the CVS on Honeysuckle, you can buy from BOTH sales ads, this week and the upcoming week, on Saturdays! Does anyone know if the other CVS stores do this as well?

Our last stop was Publix, my favorite of course! We were hungry and it was so nice to be greeted at the deli with fresh, hot, samples of muffaleta andouille sausages. Mmmmm. It was nice to have the Kraft Homestyle Mac n Cheese back in stock. I was able to use 10 of the $1.00 off coupons I had for them as well as a few competitor's coupons making them free!When it came time to check out I went through a line where a sweet little guy was working. I hadn't seen him before so I thought I would break him in! He saw my stack of coupons and was excited! He said, I'm not scared of coupons, I love watching people save money! To which I responded, you are my new favorite cashier! Thankfully it wasn't very crowded at 530 pm and I didn't have a line of people behind me. When a guy came up behind me with his groceries as we were beginning my coupons I warned him, "this may be a while, I'm just letting you know since I was hollered at by the woman behind me last week." he seemed intrigued, ha ha. When I was done and he heard my totals he yelled out an explative and turned to the guy behind him and said, "she saved $99!" The cashier and I both laughed and the man said, "I can't even be mad at you with savings like that! That's amazing!" what a thrilling way to end the trip.

What kind of experiences have all of you had lately?


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

www.Livingonpeanuts.com

No comments:

Post a Comment