Monday, February 7, 2011

Housekeeping Struggles and The Fly Lady

Surely everyone out there, be you a mom or a dad, a full time mom or a full time mom and full time employee, struggle with organizing your home or simply maintaining it. I know I do! Every day is a battle for me. Whether it is dirty dishes, what to cook for dinner, preparing the kids for the school day, laundry (oh how I despise laundry in worst way), mopping, dusting, trash, CHAOS, the list could go on forever and ever. Recently I went to a coupon swap with the Dothan Moms Meet Up Group and had a conversation with another mom. Emily introduced me to The Fly Lady and I haven't been the same yet! I highly recommend everyone check this site out!!

I will admit, it sounds kinda weird at first and I can't vouch for the results over a long period of time, but I do know it has me looking at my home in a different light! She has a series of baby steps that walk you through 31 days of small habits that you will develop. The simplest being, get up, wash your face, brush your teeth, fix your hair and get dressed down to your shoes! What a difference it makes!

The rest I will leave for your discovery. Sign up for her email reminders and get a dose of encouragement everyday.

Let me know what you think!


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

www.Livingonpeanuts.com

No comments:

Post a Comment