Monday, January 10, 2011

Tastes and reviews thus far

So far I feel that the OAMC was a success. Here are the items that have been tasted so far:

1. Pear oatmeal; very yummy, improvements would be to add a bit more cinnamon and in had no walnuts so I am sure they would be tasty also.

2. twice baked potatoes; good! They do need to be warmed a bit longer than the directions suggest.

3. Buffalo Chicken Chili; major win! We ate this last night. The flavor was great, not too spicy but you could easily dab a little hot sauce to adjust the heat. Would've been great with corn bread or French bread but I was tired and we simply had chili. This was very easy to put together. All I had to do to prepare was dump the bag into a crock pot liner in the crock pot and cook for 3 hours on low. Mmmmm.

4. Buffalo chicken French bread pizza; I consider this a major win! My husband gave me his approval on this one and he is a super picky eater! The kids enjoyed it as well. Again, not too spicy but you could easily adjust the heat as you wish. A side idea would be helpful. I was still a little hungry afterwards since we only ate the pizza.

I'm not sure what I will pull out for tomorrow! I have so many choices!




- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment