Thursday, January 6, 2011

Once A Month Cooking aka Freezer cooking, OAMC

Yesterday I came across an interesting concept, once a month cooking. I was searching for some meal planning sites to help get some menus together for the family and stumbled on Once A Month Mom. she has an awesome site dedicated to once a month cooking. I am going to try it out. Today I purchased all of the groceries necessary as well as "sale" items for my stockpile and spent $180. I saved $190!!! If I only have to ice up milk and bread every week I would think I am in the good. Not only will it be good financially but think of all the extra time it permits! The way I see it, I spend an hour at the grocery store anyway. If I take 8 hours on a Friday night/Saturday and an hour for clean up I will save myself nearly 15 hours! We will have home cooked meals for 16 nights plus lunches for the weekend and breakfasts when we are all home as well. I will be sure to keep everyone posted as to how it works out. Yippee!

Does anyone else do this already?


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

2 comments:

  1. It is so weird that you post this now!!!!! I had just told Clint I was going to come up with 4 weeks of dinner ideas, and lunch ideas for weekends, and just start repeating them so I don't have to ask every day "What do y'all want for dinner tonight". I may have to try this with you!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha ha! Yea that was my feeling. I started thinking about it and a friend emailed me asking if I knew any meal planning websites. I started looking around and stumbled on this concept. Tonight and tomorrow will be my first attempt at it. I will test it out, see how it goes. NJ said she may think about it too. Either way we can either do it in a pair or as a triple. Make it a huge overnight cooking partay! Lol!!

    ReplyDelete