Sunday, January 9, 2011

The dinners are done!

Ok, to start out, this post was actually written yesterday. I am just now adding pictures! Enjoy!

It wasn't too bad. Yea, my back hurts and I am tired of looking at food, but there is a sense of accomplishment about me. Knowing that at any given time I can provide my family with a home cooked meal is very comforting. The recipes were very easy to assemble and prepare. It was very simple to follow the instructions. Here is what I learned:

Keep diced potatoes in water. Mine turned color. They came back to life after several rinses, but never really as white as they should've been.

Don't forget to use your crock pot liners!

Make sure you have enough of the right size containers for freezing.

Luckily, my husband was sweet enough to make a trip to Publix to pick up a few things I "thought" I had at home. I took some pictures as I went along. The later it got, the less pictures I took! All in all it took me 10 hours from start to finish. That includes Friday night chopping and prepping and all of today. Not too bad in my humble opinion! So, who wants to join me next month??




Some of the chopped veggies



Pear oatmeal ready to go.



Farm fresh eggs from our girls! So beautiful!


All of the ingredients for the breakfast taquitos which, btw, are very yummy


Said breakfast taquitos


Potatoes baking.


Twice baked potatoes, which, again are also very yummy



Buffalo French bread pizzas. These will get tested tomorrow!

Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

3 comments:

  1. I may have to join you next month!! Let us know how they taste and how easy they are to prepare after you thaw them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow - you've had an industrious few days.... and this is inspiring! I've done the "make a few casseroles ahead of time" thing, but never on this grand a scale.... did you have to plan out freezer space as well?? Good for you - great idea.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bring it Nicole! I am going to post the tastes and ease as I go.
    Debbie, yes it has been industrious! We have a large stand up freezer and of course the freezer with the fridge. I am tight on space in the freezer, but hopefully we will be using what is in it as I add to it. It isn't very organized right now buti can find anything I need. I think thisnis going to be really handy, especially since I will be working a few evening shifts this week.

    I will keep everyone updated!

    ReplyDelete