Thursday, January 13, 2011

Publix coupon policy update!







Today I spoke with the manager at Publix regarding questions we all have about their coupon policy. Unfortunately, several of us have begun running into some problems on occasion. Here is the information I received...and this time I have a name ;)

1. They DO accept ECB, RR and +Up rewards. Remember, you can use either 1 of these type coupons or 1 "general" $ off competitor coupon per transaction/visit. Please do not try to separate your transactions in order to use more than one of these coupons. You can however come back at another time or another day to repeat. Be reasonable and use your common sense. This is a marketing strategy for them and I really would hate for them to stop. This applies to the dollar off your TOTAL purchase type coupons, ie; $5/$45 or the ECB, RR and +Up.

2. You can only use a total of 2 coupons per item. I was apparently mistaken about this. I could've sworn I was told you could use 3 but that is incorrect. They only have the option to input 2 coupon types so you can use either a MF Q and a store coupon or a MF Q and a competitor Q.

3. You can use an expired coupon that is within 1 week of expiration date. Again, let's not try to cross the line. The cashiers are aware of this for the most part so they may not say anything to you. I know I personally have used coupons that were within a few days of expiration. The reasoning behind this is that they only send out coupons to corporate on a weekly basis. If a coupon you gave them expired the next day, corporate and the clearing house would have no idea what day that coupon was accepted and they would still be reimbursed for this.

I hope this helps everyone and gives you a better idea of their policy. It was told to me that Publix is considering, or working on, a general, corporate wide, coupon policy. This doesn't necessarily mean that the policy would change much, but it would mean that you would have a written in stone, company wide policy to refer to.

I tell you, I just love my Publix!!!

Of note, the manager I spoke with is at the Flowers Hospital Publix. He did say that his store and the Cottonwood Corner store are on pretty much the same page.


Update!! I forgot to add!! There is a limit of $5 on all Internet printable coupons and competitor coupons!!!
Happy shopping!


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment