Friday, January 7, 2011

OAMC update ***All prepped and ready to go!***

So far so good! All of the vegetables are chopped and in their respective bags. The chicken and broth is in a crock pot as well as the steaks. I am pleasantly surprised that the total time I spent prepping tonight was exactly 2 hours. That was doing it all on my own, chopping, bagging, pealing and cleaning up. The hubby did the dishes for me :) and it also includes some time spent crying and freaking out because all of my iPad files disappeared when my husband synced it (hence the cleaning of the kitchen).

The food processor was a tremendous help. I couldn't imagine chopping 10 onions, 15 ribs of celery and 12 carrots by hand! Another helpful tool was the peeler that my mother in law gave me for Christmas. It collects the peelings in a cup. It has always driven me mad the way carrot peelings stick to everything!

A big bonus is all of the scraps to put in my compost pile. I tend to forget about it when I am cutting a small amount of vegetables. It is much easier to just dump them in the trash. This way I have a full plastic bag (recycled from the grocery store) of scraps!

The intention was to take pictures as I went tonight, but after the iPad issue I was not in a jolly spirit!

Hopefully tomorrow will be a better day and I will get some pictures up!

Amanda

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment