Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Greek Stuffed Chicken

FYI I am aware of the health risks associated with cutting chicken on a wooden cutting board. I know, I know. It was all I had. Ignore it please.

Dinner idea for tonight using items on hand or on sale this week is Greek Stuffed Chicken from 5 Dollar Dinners.

2-3 cups of brown rice, cooked
4 small chicken breasts or approximately 2 lbs
1/2 cup reduced fat Athenos Feta Cheese
1/2 lemon, squeezed for juice
2 tsp italian seasoning of choice
Garlic powder to taste
Onion powder to taste
Olive oil

Directions:

1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Slice the chicken breasts 3/4 of the way down the center and place them in a baking dish.


2. Mix the feta cheese, lemon juice, seasonings and a dash of olive oil together in a small bowl.
























3. Stuff the breasts with feta cheese mixture. Put any extra on top of the breasts.
















4. Drizzle olive oil over the chicken and place it in the oven for 30-40 minutes until chicken is cooked through.










5. Serve over rice.















Serve with a side salad or steamed veggies. We will be having both tonight!

I had initially planned on having this posted before the sale ended. Unfortunately, I am just now getting
around to posting this. You can still enjoy the recipe!









 Below are some pictures of how I organize the recipes for our meals. I'll be the first to admit that sticking to a menu is very difficult for me. Life changes daily if not hourly in our house. It is nice to at least have all of the items to make different meals, even if they don't get cooked on the days I have them planned. This past week has proven better than the last. Maybe with time and routine it will become easier.



Menu for the week and recipes in page protectors to keep from being ruined by food!

Odd recipe pages are kept in the back pocket until I get them in page protectors.
Close up of our weekly menu calendar.

No comments:

Post a Comment